30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: New Collection; Public Safety/Crime Prevention Proposal Kit.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) has submitted the Start Printed Page 68886following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance in with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 67, Number 153, page 51599 on August 8, 2002, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until December 13, 2002. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to The Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202)-395-7285.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Public Safety/Crime Prevention Proposal Kit.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State and local law enforcement entitles. Other: None. Abstract: The information collected by the Public Safety/Crime Prevention Proposal Kit is requested to obtain a comprehensive understanding of project objectives in accordance with the Federally appropriated mandate and grant program policies of the COPS Office.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 160 responses. The estimated amount of time required for the average respondent to respond is 15 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 2,560 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: November 6, 2002.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 02-28755 Filed 11-12-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-M