Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 396, “Certification of Medical Examination by Facility Licensee”.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 396.
4. How often the collection is required: Upon application for an initial operator license, every six years for the renewal of operator or senior operator license, and upon notices of disability.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Facility licensees who are tasked with certifying the medical fitness of an applicant or licensee.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 1,240 (1,100 responses plus 140 recordkeepers).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 140.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 751 (275 hours for reporting [.25 hours per response] and 476 hours for recordkeeping [3.4 hours per recordkeeper]).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: NRC Form 396 is used to transmit information to the NRC regarding the medical condition of applicants for initial operator licenses or renewal of operator licenses and for the maintenance of medical records for all licensed operators. The information is used to determine whether the physical condition and general health of applicants for operator licensees is such that the applicant would not be expected to cause operational errors and endanger public health and safety.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by December 16, 2002. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0024), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 7th day of November 2002.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 02-29061 Filed 11-14-02; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P