This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Agency Holding Meeting:
National Science Foundation, National Science Board and its Subdivisions.
Date and Time:
February 5, 2003: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.—Open Session.
Concurrent Session: February 5, 2003: 2:20 p.m.-3 p.m.—Closed Session.
February 6, 2003: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.—Open Session.
Concurrent Session: February 6, 2003: 8 a.m.-8:40 a.m.—Closed Session.
February 6, 2003: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.—Closed Session.
February 7, 2003: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.—Open Session.
February 5, 6, 2003: The National Science Foundation, Room 1235, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230, www.nsf.gov/nsb.
February 7, 2003: Fairmont Hotel, Sulgrave Room, 2401 M Street NW., Washington, DC.
Contact for Information:
NSF Information Center (703) 292-5111.
Part of this meeting will be closed to the public.
Part of this meeting will be open to the public.
Matters To Be Considered:
Wednesday, February 5, 2003
Task Force on National Workforce Policy for S&E (8 a.m.-10 a.m.), Room 1295:
- Working session on draft NWP report.
Task Force on S&E Infrastructure (8:30 a.m.-10 a.m.), Room 1235:
- Analysis of comments received in response to the INF draft report.
- INF response to comments/suggested revisions.
- Plans for completing the report.
Committee on Strategy & Budget (10 a.m.-12 Noon), Room 1235:
- Future Role of CSB.
- Major Research Equipment & Facilities.
- NSF Strategic Plan Update.
- Strategies for Follow-up on NSB Studies.
- Update on Support of Environmental Sciences.Start Printed Page 5311
Subcommittee on S&E Indicators (1 p.m.-2 p.m.), Room 1295:
- S&E Indicators 2004.
- Assigning Chapter Reviewers.
- 2004 Companion Piece.
Executive Committee (2 p.m.-2:20 p.m.), Room 1295:
- Discussion of New Quorum Requirements.
Subcommittee on Polar Issues (2 p.m.-3 p.m.), Room 1235:
- OPP Director's Update.
- Study of Environmental Arctic Change (SEARCH).
- International Trans-Antarctic Science Expedition (ITASE).
- Aircraft Safety: Antarctica.
Committee on Education & Human Resources (3 p.m.-5:30 p.m.), Room 1235:
- Report from the Subcommittee on S&EI.
- Report from the EHR AD.
- Report from the Task Force on NWP.
- Focus on the Future: Virtual Laboratories.
- Report on Education & Diversity Activities in the CISE Directorate.
- The EHR Budget for FY 03 and Prospects for FY 04.
- Information Item: NSF Partnership with DoD for the Funding of REU Sites.
Executive Committee (2:20 p.m.-3 p.m.), Room 1295:
- Specific Personnel Matters.
- Future NSF Budgets.
Thursday, February 6, 2003
Committee on Programs & Plans (8 a.m.-8:40 a.m.), Room 1235:
- NSM Action Item: Elementary Particle Physics Program, Division of Physics, Mathematical and Physical Sciences Directorate.
- National Facilities & Instrumentation Program Award, Division of Materials Research, Mathematical and Physical Sciences Directorate.
Plenary Session of the Board (12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.):
- Awards & Agreements.
- Executive Officer Search.
Committee on Audit & Oversight (8 a.m.-10 a.m.), Room 1295:
- Performance and Accountability Report Overview.
- FY 2002 Financial Statement Audit Process & Results.
- Responses to Audit Findings and Follow-up Activities.
- Security Considerations—CIO.
Committee on Programs & Plans (8:40 a.m.-10:15 a.m.), Room 1235:
- Infrastructure Task Force Report.
- CPP Issues.
- NSB Information Item: Status of George E. Brown Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation.
- NSB Information Item: Science of Learning Centers.
- Polar Issues Subcommittee Report.
Plenary Session of the Board (10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.), Room 1235:
- Office of Polar Programs Science Update.
Plenary Session of the Board (1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.), Room 1235:
- Closed Session Items for March 2003.
- Chairman's Report.
- Director's Report.
- Committee Reports.
Friday, February 7, 2003
National Science Board Retreat, Sulgrave Room, Fairmont Hotel, 3401 M Street NW., Washington, DC.
- Review and Discussion of May, 2002 Retreat Issues.
- Director's Perspective on Next Steps and Challenges.
- Presentation and Discussion of White Paper on NSB Policy Voice.
- Budget: How to Give Input to Budget Priorities.
- Vision of Future Directions/Challenges—Standing Committees.
- NSB/NSBO Operational Issues and Challenges.
- Discussion: Is the Board Organized Optimally To Do Its Work?
- General Discussion of Next Steps/Other Business.
Executive Officer, NSB.
[FR Doc. 03-2516 Filed 1-30-03; 1:10 pm]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-M