Agency Holding Meeting:
National Science Foundation, National Science Board and its Subdivisions.
Date and Time:
February 5, 2003: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.—Open Session.
Concurrent Session: February 5, 2003: 2:20 p.m.-3 p.m.—Closed Session.
February 6, 2003: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.—Open Session.
Concurrent Session: February 6, 2003: 8 a.m.-8:40 a.m.—Closed Session.
February 6, 2003: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.—Closed Session.
February 7, 2003: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.—Open Session.
February 5, 6, 2003: The National Science Foundation, Room 1235, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230, www.nsf.gov/nsb.
February 7, 2003: Fairmont Hotel, Sulgrave Room, 2401 M Street NW., Washington, DC.
Contact for Information:
NSF Information Center (703) 292-5111.
Part of this meeting will be closed to the public.
Part of this meeting will be open to the public.
Matters To Be Considered:
Wednesday, February 5, 2003
Task Force on National Workforce Policy for S&E (8 a.m.-10 a.m.), Room 1295:
- Working session on draft NWP report.
Task Force on S&E Infrastructure (8:30 a.m.-10 a.m.), Room 1235:
- Analysis of comments received in response to the INF draft report.
- INF response to comments/suggested revisions.
- Plans for completing the report.
Committee on Strategy & Budget (10 a.m.-12 Noon), Room 1235:
- Future Role of CSB.
- Major Research Equipment & Facilities.
- NSF Strategic Plan Update.
- Strategies for Follow-up on NSB Studies.
- Update on Support of Environmental Sciences.Start Printed Page 5311
Subcommittee on S&E Indicators (1 p.m.-2 p.m.), Room 1295:
- S&E Indicators 2004.
- Assigning Chapter Reviewers.
- 2004 Companion Piece.
Executive Committee (2 p.m.-2:20 p.m.), Room 1295:
- Discussion of New Quorum Requirements.
Subcommittee on Polar Issues (2 p.m.-3 p.m.), Room 1235:
- OPP Director's Update.
- Study of Environmental Arctic Change (SEARCH).
- International Trans-Antarctic Science Expedition (ITASE).
- Aircraft Safety: Antarctica.
Committee on Education & Human Resources (3 p.m.-5:30 p.m.), Room 1235:
- Report from the Subcommittee on S&EI.
- Report from the EHR AD.
- Report from the Task Force on NWP.
- Focus on the Future: Virtual Laboratories.
- Report on Education & Diversity Activities in the CISE Directorate.
- The EHR Budget for FY 03 and Prospects for FY 04.
- Information Item: NSF Partnership with DoD for the Funding of REU Sites.
Executive Committee (2:20 p.m.-3 p.m.), Room 1295:
- Specific Personnel Matters.
- Future NSF Budgets.
Thursday, February 6, 2003
Committee on Programs & Plans (8 a.m.-8:40 a.m.), Room 1235:
- NSM Action Item: Elementary Particle Physics Program, Division of Physics, Mathematical and Physical Sciences Directorate.
- National Facilities & Instrumentation Program Award, Division of Materials Research, Mathematical and Physical Sciences Directorate.
Plenary Session of the Board (12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.):
- Awards & Agreements.
- Executive Officer Search.
Committee on Audit & Oversight (8 a.m.-10 a.m.), Room 1295:
- Performance and Accountability Report Overview.
- FY 2002 Financial Statement Audit Process & Results.
- Responses to Audit Findings and Follow-up Activities.
- Security Considerations—CIO.
Committee on Programs & Plans (8:40 a.m.-10:15 a.m.), Room 1235:
- Infrastructure Task Force Report.
- CPP Issues.
- NSB Information Item: Status of George E. Brown Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation.
- NSB Information Item: Science of Learning Centers.
- Polar Issues Subcommittee Report.
Plenary Session of the Board (10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.), Room 1235:
- Office of Polar Programs Science Update.
Plenary Session of the Board (1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.), Room 1235:
- Closed Session Items for March 2003.
- Chairman's Report.
- Director's Report.
- Committee Reports.
Friday, February 7, 2003
National Science Board Retreat, Sulgrave Room, Fairmont Hotel, 3401 M Street NW., Washington, DC.
- Review and Discussion of May, 2002 Retreat Issues.
- Director's Perspective on Next Steps and Challenges.
- Presentation and Discussion of White Paper on NSB Policy Voice.
- Budget: How to Give Input to Budget Priorities.
- Vision of Future Directions/Challenges—Standing Committees.
- NSB/NSBO Operational Issues and Challenges.
- Discussion: Is the Board Organized Optimally To Do Its Work?
- General Discussion of Next Steps/Other Business.
Executive Officer, NSB.
[FR Doc. 03-2516 Filed 1-30-03; 1:10 pm]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-M