30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review: Application for authorization to Issue Health Care Certificates; form I-905.
The Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on September 17, 2002 at 67 FR 58634, allowing for a 30-day public review and comment period on the proposed revised form. No comments were received on this information collection. However, the proposed form was withdrawn and continued by OMB until submission of final regulation.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until March 27, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, 725 17th Street, NW., Suite 10102, Washington, DC 20530; Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Room 10235.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Authorization to Issue Health Care Certificates.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form I-905, Business and Trade Services, Adjudications Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Not-for-profit institutions. The data collected on this form is used by the Service to determine eligibility of an organization to issue certificates to foreign health care workers.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10 responses at 4 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 40 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, Immigration and Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Room 4034, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Ste. 1600, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 19, 2003.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
[FR Doc. 03-4353 Filed 2-24-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M