The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has received, by letter dated December 26, 2002, as supplemented by an e-mail received February 3, 2003, a request from Pathfinder Mining Company to amend License Condition (LC) 50A(3) & 50B(1) Start Printed Page 10276of Source Material License SUA-442 for the Shirley Basin Site. The license amendment request proposes to modify LC 50A(3) to change the completion date for radon barrier placement to December 31, 2006, a delay of two years, and to modify LC 50B(1) to change the target completion date for the erosion protection placement to December 31, 2006, a delay of one year.
II. Opportunity To Provide Comments
The NRC is providing notice to individuals in the vicinity of the facility that the NRC is in receipt of this request, and will accept comments concerning this action within 30 days of the publication of this notice in the Federal Register. The comments may be provided to the Chief, Rules and Directives Branch, Division of Administrative Services, Office of Administration, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, and should cite the publication date and page number of this Federal Register notice. Written comments may also be delivered to Room T-6 D59, Two White Flint North, 11545 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, from 7:30 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. on Federal workdays.
III. Opportunity To Request a Hearing
The NRC hereby provides notice of an opportunity for a hearing on the license amendment under the provision of 10 CFR part 2, subpart L, “Informal Hearing Procedures for Adjudications of Materials and Operator Licensing Proceedings,” of NRC's rules and practice for domestic licensing proceedings in 10 CFR part 2. Pursuant to § 2.1205(a), any person whose interest may be affected by this proceeding may file a request for a hearing in accordance with § 2.1205(d). A request for a hearing must be filed within 30 days of the publication of this Federal Register notice.
The request for a hearing must be filed with the Office of the Secretary, either:
(1) By delivery to the Rulemaking and Adjudications Staff of the Office of the Secretary of the Commission at One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852-0001; or
(2) By mail or telegram addressed to the Secretary, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, Attention: Rulemaking and Adjudications Staff. Because of continuing disruptions in the delivery of mail to United States Government offices, it is requested that requests for hearing also be transmitted to the Secretary of the Commission either by means of facsimile transmission to 301-415-1101, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
In accordance with 10 CFR 2.1205(f), each request for a hearing must also be served, by delivering it personally or by mail, to:
(1) The applicant, Pathfinder Mining Company, 935 Pendell Boulevard P.O. Box 730 Mills, Wyoming 82664, Attention: Tom Hardgove; and
(2) The NRC staff, by delivery to the General Counsel, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852-0001, or by mail addressed to the Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555. Because of continuing disruptions in the delivery of mail to United States Government offices, it is requested that requests for hearing also be transmitted to the Office of the General Counsel, either by means of facsimile transmission to 301-415-3725, or by e-mail to OGCMailCenter@nrc.gov.
In addition to meeting other applicable requirements of 10 CFR part 2 of the NRC's regulations, a request for a hearing filed by a person other than an applicant must describe in detail:
(1) The interest of the requestor;
(2) How that interest may be affected by the results of the proceeding, including the reasons why the requestor should be permitted a hearing, with particular reference to the factors set out in § 2.1205(h);
(3) The requestor's areas of concern about the licensing activity that is the subject matter of the proceeding; and
(4) The circumstances establishing that the request for a hearing is timely in accordance with § 2.1205(d).
IV. Other Information
Pathfinder's request to amend LC 50A(3) and LC 50B(1) of Source Material License SUA-442, which describes the proposed changes to the license condition, and the reason for the request, is being made available for public inspection at NRC's Public Electronic Reading Room at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html (ADAMS Accession Numbers: ML030030172 and ML030410500). Documents may also be examined and/or copied for a fee, at the NRC's Public Document Room, located at One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852. Any questions with respect to this action should be referred to Michael Raddatz, Fuel Cycle Facilities Branch, Division of Fuel Cycle Safety and Safeguards, Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Mail Stop T8-A33, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Telephone: (301) 415-6334; Fax: (301) 415-5390.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 25th day of February, 2003.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Daniel M. Gillen,
Chief, Fuel Cycle Facilities Branch, Division of Fuel Cycle Safety and Safeguards, Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards.
[FR Doc. 03-5028 Filed 3-3-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P