30-day notice of information collection under review: contacts concerning Project Speak Out; Form G-1046.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on December 12, 2002 at 67 FR 76418, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No public comment was received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until May 1, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Homeland Security Desk Officer, 725 17th Street, NW., Room 10235, Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Contacts Concerning Project Speak Out!
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-1046, Office of Policy and Planning, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form provides a standardized way of recording the number of individuals contacting the Community Based Organizations concerning the practitioner fraud pilot program. The agency will use the information collected on the form to determine how many persons are served by the program and if its public outreach efforts are successful.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 60,000 responses at 52 minutes (0.866 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 51,960 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan, 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street, NW., Room 4034, Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan.Start Signature
Dated: March 25, 2003.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 03-7605 Filed 3-31-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M