60-Day notice of information collection under review: reinstatement, with change, of a previously approved collection for which approval has expired; Police Corps Service Agreement.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until [June 6, 2003.]. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Ms. I. Sausjord, The Office of Police Services, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street NW., Washington, DC 20531, facsimile (202) 353-0598.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed Start Printed Page 16831collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points.
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Reinstatement, With Change, of a Previously Approved Collection for Which Approval has Expired.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Police Corps Service Agreement
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: none. The Office of Police Corps Services, Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The Police Corps Service Agreement is the written contract between the Office of Police Corps and Law Enforcement Education and Police Corps Participants to complete police corp training, and setting forth the participant's agreement to provide 4 years of law enforcement service at an accredited agency in exchange for scholarship or reimbursement funds for educational purposes.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 500 respondents will complete a 30 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are estimated 250 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 1, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-8382 Filed 4-4-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M