60-day notice of information collection under review; extension of a currently approved collection.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms Start Printed Page 19227and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until June 17, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Scot Thomasson, Chief, Firearms Enforcement Branch, 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20226.
Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Manufacturers of Ammunition, Records and Supporting Data of Ammunition Manufactured and Disposed of.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF REC 5000/2. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. These records are used by ATF in criminal investigations and compliance inspections in fulfilling the Bureau's mission to enforce the Gun Control Law.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 50 respondents will take 15 minutes per line entry and that 26 entries will be made per year.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 325 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 15, 2003.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-9598 Filed 4-17-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-M