Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of RTCA Special Committee 202 meeting.
The FAA is issuing this notice to advise the public of a meeting of RTCA Special Committee 202: Portable Electronic Devices.
The meeting will be held on May 6-7, 2003 from 9 am to 5 pm.
The meeting will be held at RTCA, Inc., 1828 L Street, NW., Suite 805, Washington, DC, 20036-5133.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
RTCA Secretariat, 1828 L Street, NW., Suite 805, Washington, DC, 20036-5133; telephone (202) 833-9339; fax (202) 833-9434; Web site http://www.rtca.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Pursuant to section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 5 U.S.C., Appendix 2), notice is hereby given for a Special Committee 202 meeting. RTCA is establishing Special Committee (SC) 202 at the request of the Federal Aviation Administration. The SC-202 task is two-phased: (1) A Near-Term Portable Electronic Device (PED) Technology Assessment of the current PED environment and (2) a Longer-Term Assessment of emerging PED technologies. The initial document is scheduled for completion by November 2003. The agenda will include:
- May 6-7:
- Opening Session (Welcome, Introductory and Administrative Remarks, Review Federal Advisory Committee Act and RTCA procedures, Review Agenda, Review Terms of Reference)
- Previous PED Committee History
- Current Committee Scope, Discussion, Recommendations
- Organization of Work, Assign Tasks and Workgroups Presentation, Discussion, Recommendations Assignment of Responsibilities
- Closing Session (Other Business, Date and Place of Next Meeting, Closing Remarks, Adjourn)
Attendance is open to the interested public but limited to space availability. With the approval of the chairmen, members of the public may present oral statements at the meeting. Persons wishing to present statements or obtain information should contact the person listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section. Members of the public may present a written statement to the committee at any time.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, on April 14, 2003.
Janice L. Peters,
FAA Special Assistant, RTCA Advisory Committee.
[FR Doc. 03-9892 Filed 4-21-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-M