30-Day notice of information collection under review: Extension of a currently approved collection; Application for Representative Payee.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Division has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 67, Number 250, page 79648 on December 30, 2002, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until [The Federal Register will insert the date 30 days from the date this notice is published in the Federal Register. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to The Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503, or facsimile (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Application for Representative Payee.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: Non. Office of the Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. Other: None. Abstract: The Application for Representative Payee will collect information about applicants regarding their eligibility to serve as a Representative Payee and therefore receive funds directly on behalf of minor children.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: There are approximately 2,000 respondents who will each require an average of 30 minutes to respond.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total annual public burden hours for this information collection is estimated to be 1,000 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mrs. Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 5, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-14534 Filed 6-9-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-12-M