National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Notice of meeting.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration announces a meeting of the Earth Science Information Systems and Services Subcommittee.
Wednesday, July 9, 2003, 8:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.; and Thursday, July 10, 2003, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Loews L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, 480 L'Enfant Plaza, Washington, DC 20024.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Martha Maiden, Code YF, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, DC 20546, 202/358-1078.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The meeting will be open to the public up to the seating capacity of the room. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introduction, Opening Comments
- Welcome, Charge to Earth Science Information Systems and Services Subcommittee (ESISS)Start Printed Page 38396
- The New Face of Earth Science Enterprise (ESE) Data and Information Systems
- Overview: From Earth Observation System Data and Information System(EOSDIS) to the next Decade
- Overview: EOSDIS Current Operations, EOSDIS Maintenance and Development (EMD) Contract Award Status
- Demonstration: The EOSDIS Core System (ECS) Ordering system
- Demonstration: EOSDIS update: the EOS ClearingHouse (ECHO) system
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIPs) Federation Overview
- Demonstration: Example of Federation capability (“Distributed Oceanographic Data System (DODS) live”?)
- Overview: Science Investigator Processing System (SIPS) processing: An assessment
- Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) Data Analysis Processing System (MODAPS) (MODIS SIPS) presentation: Lessons learned
- What is Strategic Evolution of ESE Data Systems (SEEDS)?
- Overview: SEEDS strategy
- SEEDS prototype: Precipitation Processing System (PPS)
- Demonstration: PPS Live demonstration
- Presentation: National Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS)
- Presentation: Climate Large-Array Systems and Services (CLASS)
- Overview: Earth Science Technology Office (ESTO)—Selected Advanced Information Systems Technology (AIST) Projects
- Demonstration: A maturing AIST technology project
- Discussion: Major questions and issues
It is imperative that the meeting be held on these dates to accommodate the scheduling priorities of the key participants. Visitors will be requested to sign a visitor's register.Start Signature
June W. Edwards,
Advisory Committee Management Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
[FR Doc. 03-16349 Filed 6-26-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7510-01-P