The Materials Technical Advisory Committee will meet on July 17, 2003, 10:30 a.m., Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3407, 14th Street between Constitution & Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Industry and Security with respect to technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to materials and related technology.
1. Opening remarks and introductions.
2. Presentation of papers and comments by the public.
3. Review and discussion of proposals for addition of the following precursor chemicals to the control list:
- Methylphosphonic acid CAS #993-13-5.
- Diethyl methylphosphonate CAS #683-08-9.
- N, N-Dimethylamino phosphoryldichloride DAS #677-43-0.
- Tri-isopropylphosphite CAS #116-17-6.
- Ethyldiethanolamine CAS #139-87-7.
- O,O-Diethyl phosphorodithioate CAS #2465-65-8.
- Sodium hexafluorosilicate CAS #16893-85-9.
- Potassium hexafluorosilicate CAS #16871-90-2.
4. Presentation and discussion of a proposed liberalization of export controls applicable to pharmaceutical preparations of controlled toxins.
5. Review and discussion of proposals to add CWC Schedule 2A and Schedule 3A chemicals to the AG common control lists. The Schedule 2A chemicals are amiton (CAS #78-53-5), PFIB (CAS #382-21-8), and BZ (CAS #6581-06-2). The Schedule 3A chemicals are phosgene (CAS #75-44-5), cyanogen chloride (CAS #506-77-4), hydrogen cyanide (CAS #74-90-8), and chloropicrin (CAS #76-06-2).Start Printed Page 39511
6. Discussion of matters properly classified under Executive Order 12958, dealing with U.S. export control programs and strategic criteria related thereto.
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. Written statements may be submitted at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the materials should be forwarded prior to the meeting to the address below: Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter, OSIES/EA/BIS MS: 3876, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14 St. & Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20230.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on February 6, 2002, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the series of meetings or portions of meetings of the Committee and of any Subcommittee thereof dealing with the classified materials listed in 5 U.S.C. 552(c)(1) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in section 10(a)(1) and (a)(3) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The remaining series of meetings or portions thereof will be open to the public. For more information, call Lee Ann Carpenter at (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: June 26, 2003.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-16634 Filed 7-1-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M