Coast Guard, DHS.
On July 1, 2003, the Coast Guard published a temporary interim rule with request for comments and notice of meeting in the Federal Register concerning the implementation of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS). This document contains corrections to that rule.
Effective on July 1, 2003.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For information concerning this document, write or call Mr. Jorge Arroyo, Office of Vessel Traffic Management (G-MWV), U.S. Coast Guard by telephone 202-267-1103, toll-free telephone 1-800-842-8740 ext. 7-1103, or by electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on viewing or submitting material to the docket, call Dorothy Beard, Chief, Dockets, Department of Transportation, at telephone 202-366-5149.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Coast Guard published a temporary interim rule with request for comments and notice of meeting in the Federal Start Printed Page 41914Register on July 1, 2003, (68 FR 39353). The rule contained typographical errors and omissions that may prove to be misleading and therefore need to be corrected.
Corrections to the Regulatory TextStart Part
PART 26—VESSEL BRIDGE-TO-BRIDGE RADIOTELEPHONE REGULATIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. Correct part 26 by revising the authority citation to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 161—VESSEL TRAFFIC MANAGEMENTEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Correct part 161 by revising the authority citation to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 164—NAVIGATION SAFETY REGULATIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. Correct part 164 by revising the authority citation to read as follows:End Amendment Part
4. In § 164.46(a)(2), add the word “self-propelled” before the word “vessels”.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 165—REGULATED NAVIGATION AREAS AND LIMITED ACCESS AREASEnd Part Start Amendment Part
5. Correct part 165 by revising the authority citation to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Signature
Dated: July 11, 2003.
T. H. Gilmour,
Rear Admiral, U.S. Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Marine Safety, Security and Environmental Protection.
[FR Doc. 03-17982 Filed 7-15-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P