U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension. Start Printed Page 44974
2. The title of the information collection: Policy Statement on Cooperation with States at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants and Other Production or Utilization Facilities.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion—when a State wishes to observe NRC inspections or perform inspections for NRC.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Those States interested in observing or performing inspections.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: Maximum of 50, although not all States have participated in the program.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: Maximum of 50, although not all States have participated in the program.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: An average estimate of 10 hours per State or 500 hours if all States participated in the program.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: States wishing to enter into an agreement with NRC to observe or participate in NRC inspections at nuclear power facilities are requested to provide certain information to the NRC to ensure close cooperation and consistency with the NRC inspection program, as specified by the Commission's Policy on Cooperation with States at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants and Other Nuclear Production or Utilization Facilities.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC Worldwide Web Site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 2, 2003. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Bryon Allen, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0163), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 24th day of July, 2003.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-19488 Filed 7-30-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P