30-Day notice of information collection Under Review: Annual Reporting Requirement for manufacturers of Listed Chemicals
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 68, Number 110, and page 34420 on June 9, 2003, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notices is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until September 22, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503, of facsimile (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Existing of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Annual Reporting Requirement for Manufacturers of Listed Chemicals.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. This information collection permits the Drug Enforcement Administration to monitor the volume and availability of domestically manufactured listed chemicals. These listed chemicals may be subject to diversion for the illicit production of controlled substances. This information collection is required by law.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 respondents respond annually to this information collection, with each response estimated to take four hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with this collection: There is an estimated 400 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 15, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-21411 Filed 8-20-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M