30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Petition for Alien Relative; Form I-130.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
The BCIS published a Federal Register notice on May 9, 2003 at 68 FR 25054, to solicit public comments for a 60-day period regarding the extension of Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative). The BCIS have received no public comment on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until November 17, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, 725 17th Street, NW., Room 10235, Washington, DC 20530; Attention: Department of Homeland Security Desk Officer.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition for Alien Relative.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form I-130, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Start Printed Page 59799Households. The information collected on this form will be used by BCIS to determine eligibility for benefits sought for relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 183,034 responses at 30 minutes (.50 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 91,517 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street, NW., Suite 4034, Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan.
If additional information is required contact: Ms. Theresa O'Malley, Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Regional Office Building 3, 7th and D Streets, SW., Suite 4636-26, Washington, DC 20202.Start Signature
Dated: October 9, 2003.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 03-26221 Filed 10-16-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M