Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the DOE/NSF Nuclear Science Advisory Committee (NSAC). Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of these meetings be announced in the Federal Register.
Friday, November 7, 2003; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday, November 8, 2003; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Doubletree Hotel, 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852-1699.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brenda L. May, U.S. Department of Energy; SC-90/Germantown Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585-1290; Telephone: 301-903-0536.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and guidance on a continuing basis to the Department of Energy and the National Science Foundation on scientific priorities within the field of basic nuclear science research.
Tentative Agenda: Agenda will include discussions of the following:
Friday, November 7, 2003, and Saturday, November 8, 2003
- Reports from Department of Energy and National Science Foundation
- Perspectives from Department of Energy and National Science Foundation
- Presentation from Office of Management and Budget
- Perspective from the Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Presentation and Discussion on the Report from the Sub-Committee on Milestones
- Discussion of NSAC Response and Transmittal Letter on Milestones Charge
- Presentation and Discussion on the Report from the Sub-Committee on Nuclear Theory
- Discussion of NSAC Response and Transmittal Letter on Nuclear Theory
- Discussion on the Committee of Visitors
- Public Comment (10-minute rule)
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of these items on the agenda, you should contact Brenda L. May, 301-903-0536 or Brenda.May@science.doe.gov (e-mail). You must make your request for an oral statement at least 5 business days before the meeting. Reasonable provision will be made to include the scheduled oral statements on the agenda. The Chairperson of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Public comment will follow the 10-minute rule.
Minutes: The minutes of the meeting will be available for public review and copying within 30 days at the Freedom of Information Public Reading Room; Room 1E-190; Forrestal Building; 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.Start Signature
Issued at Washington, DC, on October 20, 2003.
Rachel M. Samuel,
Deputy Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-26763 Filed 10-22-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P