Skip to Content

Notice

Upon Written Request; Copies Available From: Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of Filings and Information Services, Washington, DC 20549

Document Details

Information about this document as published in the Federal Register.

Published Document

This document has been published in the Federal Register. Use the PDF linked in the document sidebar for the official electronic format.

Start Preamble

Extension: Rule 12g3-2, OMB Control No. 3235-0119, SEC File No. 270-104. Rules 7a-15 thru 7a-37, OMB Control No. 3235-0132, SEC File No. 270-115. Rule 13e-1, OMB Control No. 3235-0305, SEC File No. 270-255

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.) the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) is soliciting comments on the collections of information summarized below. The Commission plans to submit these existing collections of information to the Office of Management and Budget for extension and approval.

Rule 12g3-2 (OMB 3235-0119; SEC File No. 270-104) provides an exemption from Section 12(g) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 for foreign private issuers. Rule 12g3-2 is designed to provide investors in foreign securities with information about such securities and the foreign issuer. It estimated that 1,800 foreign issuers make submissions pursuant to Rule 12g3-2 annually and it takes approximately one burden hour per response for a total annual burden of 1,800 hours. It is estimated that 100% of the burden is prepared by the filer.

Rules 7a-15 through 7a-37 (OMB 3235-0132; SEC File No. 270-115) set forth the general requirements relating to applications, statements and reports that must be filed under the Trust Indenture Act of 1939 by issuers and trustees qualifying indentures under that Act for offerings of debt securities. The respondents are persons and entities subject to the Trust Indenture Act requirements. Rules 7a-15 through 7a-37 are disclosure guidelines and do not directly result in any collection of information. The Rules are assigned only one burden hour for administrative convenience.

Rule 13e-1 (OMB 3235-0305; SEC File No. 270-255) makes it unlawful for an issuer who has received notice that it is the subject of a tender offer made under 14(d)(1) of the Act and which has commenced under Rule 14d-2 to purchase any of its equity securities during the tender offer unless it first files a statement with the Commission containing information required by the Rule. This rule is in keeping with the Commission's statutory responsibility to prescribe rules and regulations that are necessary for the protection of investors. Public companies are the respondents. Rule 13e-1 submissions take approximately 10 burden hours to prepare and are filed by 20 respondents. It is estimated that 25% of 200 total burden hours (50 hours) is prepared by the company. The remaining 75% of the total burden is attributed to outside cost.

Written comments are invited on: (a) Whether these proposed collections of information are necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. Consideration will be given to comments and suggestions submitted in writing within 60 days of this publication.

Please direct your written comments to Kenneth A. Fogash, Acting Associate Executive Director/CIO, Office of Information Technology, Securities and Exchange Commission, 450 Fifth Street, NW., Washington, DC 20549.

Start Signature

Dated: October 30, 2003.

Jill M. Peterson,

Assistant Secretary.

End Signature End Preamble

[FR Doc. 03-28186 Filed 11-7-03; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 8010-01-P