Coast Guard, DHS.
This document contains corrections to the final regulations (FR Doc. 03-4408), which were published in the Federal Register of Friday, February 28, 2003, (68 FR 9537). The regulations related to the information reporting requirements for notification of vessel arrival in U.S. ports contained in 33 CFR part 160, subpart C.
Effective on November 10, 2003.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
LTJG Kimberly B Andersen, U.S. Coast Guard (G-MPP), at 202-267-2562.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The final regulations that are the subject of these corrections superseded Subpart C of 33 CFR part 160 on April 1, 2003, and affect persons required to submit Notification of Arrival in U.S. ports.
Need for Correction
As published, the final regulations contain errors that may prove to be misleading and need to be clarified.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 33 CFR Part 160
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Hazardous Material transportation
- Marine safety
- Navigation (water)
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
Accordingly, 33 CFR part 160 is corrected by making the following correcting amendments:End Amendment Part
Subpart C—Notification of Arrival in U.S. PortsStart Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for Part 160 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
2. In § 160.203(b)(1), immediately preceding the words “vessels entering any port or place in the” add the word “foreign.”
3. In § 160.206(d) immediately following the words “estimated arrival” add the words “and departure”.End Amendment Part
4. In § 160.210(c) immediately preceding the words “vessels 300 or less gross tons operating in the Seventh Coast Guard District” add the word “foreign”.End Amendment Part
5. In § 160.212, in the table to paragraph (a)(3), in entry (i), under the heading “You must submit an NOA—” remove the words “Before departure but at” and add in their place the word “At”.End Amendment Part Start Signature
Dated: October 17, 2003.
Acting Assistant Commandant for Marine Safety, Security and Environmental Protection.
[FR Doc. 03-28189 Filed 11-7-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P