Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of RTCA Special Committee 172 meeting.Start Printed Page 1777
The FAA is issuing this notice to advise the public of a meeting of RTCA Special Committee 172: Future Air-Ground Communications in the VHF Aeronautical Data Band (118-137 MHz).
The meeting will be held January 20-22, 2004 for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The meeting will be held at RTCA, Inc., 1828 L Street, NW., Suite 805, Washington, DC, 20036.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
RTCA Secretariat, 1828 L Street, SW., Washington, DC, 20036; telephone (202) 833-9339; fax (202) 833-9434; Web site http://www.rtca.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Pursuant to section 10(a) (2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 5 U.S.C., Appendix 2), notice is hereby given for a Special Committee 172 meeting. The agenda will include:
- January 20:
- Opening Plenary Session (Welcome and Introductory Remarks, Review of Agenda, Review Summary of Previous Meeting).
- Convene Working Group-3 (WG-3).
- Report on PMC Action approving VHF Digital Link, Mode 3 MOPS, DO-271B.
- On channel RF Susceptibility.
- Review data from manufacturers.
- Review “3T” SARPS-Compatibility Issues.
- Discuss MOPS Requirements and Work program.
- January 21-22:
- Reconvene WG-3 as necessary to continue with the resolution of FRAC comments to draft Change 1 to DO-271A VDL Mode 3 MOPS.
- Convene WG-2, time permitting, to entertain white papers and actions regarding the development of Version B of the DO-224A, Signal-in-Space Minimum Aviation Communications Including Compatibility with Digital Voice.
- Reconvene Plenary.
- Review relevant activities.
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Aeronautical Mobile Communications Panel work.
- NEXCOM activities.
- EUROCAE WG-47 status and issues.
- Others as appropriate.
- Closing Plenary Session (Other Business, Date and Place of Next Meeting, Adjourn).
Attendance is open to the interested public but limited to space availability. With the approval of the chairmen, members of the public may present oral statements at the meeting. Persons wishing to present statements or obtain information should contact the person listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section. Members of the public may present a written statement to the committee at any time.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, on December 18, 2003.
FAA System Engineer, RTCA Advisory Committee.
[FR Doc. 04-496 Filed 1-9-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-M