Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, DHS.
30-Day notice of information collection under review: application to file declaration of intention; Form N-300.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on November 28, 2003, at 68 FR 66843, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No public comment was received by the CIS on this proposed information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until March 10, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Homeland Security Desk Officer, 725-17th Street, NW., Room 10235, Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application to File Declaration of Intention.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form N-300. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or households. This information collection will be used by permanent residents to file a declaration of intention to become a citizen of the United States. This collection is also used to satisfy documentary requirements for those seeking to work in certain occupations or professions or to obtain various licenses.
(5) An estiamte of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 433 responses at 45 minutes (.75 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 325 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Richard A. Sloan 202-514-3291, Director, Regulations and Forms Services Division, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, Room 4307, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan. Start Printed Page 5996
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Steve Cooper, PRA Clearance Officer, Department of Homeland Security, Office of Chief Information Officer, Regional Office Building 3, 7th and D Streets, SW., Suite 4626-36, Washington, DC 20202.Start Signature
Dated: February 4, 2004.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 04-2693 Filed 2-6-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M