In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has submitted the following proposal(s) for the collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval.
Summary of Proposal(s)
(1) Collection title: Application for Survivor Insurance Annuities.
(2) Form(s) submitted: AA-17, AA-17b, AA-17cert, AA-18, AA-19, AA-19a, AA-20.
(3) OMB Number: 3220-0030.
(4) Expiration date of current OMB clearance: 6/30/2004.
(5) Type of request: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(6) Respondents: Individuals or households.
(7) Estimated annual number of respondents: 4,137.
(8) Total annual responses: 4,137.
(9) Total annual reporting hours: 1,718.
(10) Collection description: Under Section 2(d) of the Railroad Retirement Act, monthly survivor annuities are payable to surviving widow(er)s, parents, unmarried children, and in certain cases, divorced wives (husband), mothers (fathers), remarried widow(er)s and grandchildren of deceased railroad employees. The collection obtains information needed by the RRB for determining entitlement to and amount of the annuity applied for.
Additional Information or Comments: Copies of the forms and supporting documents can be obtained from Charles Mierzwa, the agency clearance officer, (312) 751-3363 or Charles.Mierzwa@RRB.GOV.
Comments regarding the information collection should be addressed to Ronald J. Hodapp, Railroad Retirement Board, 844 North Rush Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60611-2092 or Ronald.Hodapp@RRB.GOV and to the OMB Desk Officer for the RRB, at the Office of Management and Budget, Room 10230, New Executive Office Building, Washington, DC 20503.Start Signature
[FR Doc. 04-3663 Filed 2-19-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7905-01-P