U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B, “Licensee Event Report.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0104.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion, as defined reactor events are reportable on occurrence.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Holders of operating licenses for commercial nuclear power plants.
5. The number of annual respondents: 104.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 20,000 (Reporting: 20,000 Hours 400 responses = 50 hrs per response).
7. Abstract: With NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B, the NRC collects reports of the types of reactor events and problems that are believed to be significant and useful to the NRC in its efforts to identify and resolve threats to public safety. They are designed to provide the information necessary for engineering studies of operational anomalies and trends and patterns analysis of operational occurrences. The same information can be used for other analytic procedures that will aid in identifying accident precursors.
Submit, by May 10, 2004, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-5 F52, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 3rd day of March 2004.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 04-5232 Filed 3-8-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P