Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: State Agreements Program, as authorized by section 274(b) of the Atomic Energy Act.
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: One time or as needed.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Thirty-three Agreement States whose governors have signed section 274(b) Agreements with NRC.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 138 responses.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 33.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,035 (7.5 hours per response).
9. An indication of whether section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: Agreement States are asked on a one-time only or on an as-needed basis to respond to requests for information, e.g., to respond to a specific incident or to gather information on licensing and inspection practices and other technical statistical information. The results of such information requests, which are authorized under section 274(b) of the Atomic Energy Act, are utilized in part by NRC in preparing responses to Congressional inquiries. Agreement State comments are also solicited in the areas of proposed procedure and policy development.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 26, 2004. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. OMB Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0029), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo Shelton, (301) 415-7233.Start Signature
Dated in Rockville, Maryland, this 19th day of April, 2004.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 04-9355 Filed 4-23-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P