The Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC) will meet June 8, 2004, 9 a.m., Room 3884, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on implementation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provides for continuing review to update the EAR as needed.
1. Opening remarks by the Chairman
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the public
3. Update on Export Administration Regulations
4. Demonstration on Excluded Parties Listing System (EPLS)
5. Update on technology controls and deemed export initiatives
6. Update on encryption controls initiatives
7. Update on country group revision project
8. Update on Automated Export System (AMES)
9. Discussion on Simplified Network Application Process (SNAP)
10. Reports from working groups
11. Discussion of matters that would include the disclosure of trade secrets and commercial or financial information deemed privileged or confidential as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(4) and of matters the premature disclosure of which would be likely to frustrate implementation of a proposed agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B).
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Start Printed Page 29128Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate the distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting to Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter at Lcarpent@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on May 6, 2004, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the portion of the meeting dealing with trade secrets and commercial or financial information deemed privileged or confidential as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(4) and the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the disclosure of which would be likely to frustrate the implication of agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. App. 2 §§ 10(a)1 and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Lee Ann Carpenter at (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: May 17, 2004.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 04-11430 Filed 5-19-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M