Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, USDA.
The designations of the official agencies listed below will end in December 2004. Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) is asking persons interested in providing official services in the areas served by these agencies to submit an application for designation. GIPSA is also asking for comments on the quality of services provided by these currently designated agencies: Columbus Grain Inspection, Inc. (Columbus); Farwell Grain Inspection, Inc. (Farwell); and Northeast Indiana Grain Inspection, Inc. (Northeast Indiana).
Applications and comments must be postmarked or electronically dated on or before July 1, 2004.
We invite you to submit applications and comments on this notice. You may submit applications and comments by any of the following methods:
- Hand Delivery or Courier: Deliver to Janet M. Hart, Chief, Review Branch, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, Room 1647-S, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250.
- Fax: Send by facsimile transmission to (202) 690-2755, attention: Janet M. Hart.
- E-mail: Send via electronic mail to Janet.M.Hart@usda.gov.
- Mail: Send hardcopy to Janet M. Hart, Chief, Review Branch, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, STOP 3604, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250-3604.
Read Applications and Comments: All applications and comments will be available for public inspection at the office above during regular business hours (7 CFR 1.27(b)).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Janet M. Hart at 202-720-8525, e-mail Janet.M.Hart@usda.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This Action has been reviewed and determined not to be a rule or regulation as defined in Executive Order 12866 and Departmental Regulation 1512-1; therefore, the Executive Order and Departmental Regulation do not apply to this Action.
Section 7(f)(1) of the United States Grain Standards Act, as amended (Act), authorizes GIPSA's Administrator to designate a qualified applicant to provide official services in a specified area after determining that the applicant is better able than any other applicant to provide such official services.
Section 7(g)(1) of the Act provides that designations of official agencies shall end not later than triennially and may be renewed according to the criteria and procedures prescribed in Section 7(f) of the Act.
1. Current Designations being Announced for Renewal.
|Official agency||Main office||Designation start||Designation end|
|Northeast Indiana||Hoagland, IN||02/01/02||12/31/2004|
a. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in the States of Ohio and Michigan, is assigned to Columbus.
Bounded on the West by State Route 127 at the Michigan-Ohio State line north to State Route 50; Bounded on the north by State Route 50 at State Route 127 east to the Michigan State line; the Michigan state line south to the Michigan-Ohio State line.
The northern Ohio State line east to the to the Ohio Pennsylvania State line; Bounded on the East by the Ohio-Pennsylvania State line south to the Ohio River; Bounded on the South by the Ohio River south-southwest to the western Scioto County line; and Bounded on the West by the western Scioto County line north to State Route 73; State Route 73 northwest to U.S. Route 22; U.S. Route 22 west to U.S. Route 68; U.S. Route 68 north to Clark County; the northern Clark County line west to State Route 560; State Route 560 north to State Route 296; State Route 296 west to Interstate 75; Interstate 75 north to State Route 47; State Route 47 northeast to U.S. Route 68 (including all of Sidney, Ohio); U.S. Route 68 north to the southern Hancock County line; the southern Hancock County line west to the western Hancock, Wood and Lucus County lines north to the Michigan-Ohio State line; the Michigan-Ohio State line west to State Route 127. Columbus' assigned geographic area does not include the export port locations inside Columbus' area which are serviced by GIPSA.
b. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in Start Printed Page 30870the States of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, is assigned to Farwell.
Maricopa, Pinal, and Yuma Counties, Arizona.
Bernalillo, Chaves, Curry, DeBaca, Eddy, Guadalupe, Lea, Quay, Roosevelt, San Miguel, Santa Fe, Torrance, and Union Counties, New Mexico.
Bailey, Cochran, Deaf Smith (west of State Route 214), Hockley, Lamb (south of a line bounded by U.S. Route 70, FM 303, U.S. Route 84, and FM 37), and Parmer Counties, Texas.
c. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area,in the State of Indiana, is assigned to Northeast Indiana.
Bounded on the North by the northern Lagrange and Steuben County lines; Bounded on the East by the eastern Steuben, De Kalb, Allen, and Adams County lines;
Bounded on the South by the southern Adams and Wells County lines; and
Bounded on the West by the western Wells County line; the southern Huntington and Wabash County lines; the western Wabash County line north to State Route 114; State Route 114 northwest to State Route 19; State Route 19 north to Kosciusko County; the western and northern Kosciusko County lines; the western Noble and Lagrange County lines.
The following grain elevator, located outside of the above contiguous geographic area, is part of this geographic area assignment: E.M.P. Coop, Payne, Paulding County, Ohio (located inside Michigan Grain Inspection Services, Inc.'s, area).
2. Opportunity for designation. Interested persons, including Columbus, Farwell, and Northeast Indiana are hereby given the opportunity to apply for designation to provide official services in the geographic areas specified above under the provisions of Section 7(f) of the Act and section 800.196(d) of the regulations issued thereunder. Designation in the specified geographic areas is for the period beginning December 1, 2005, and ending December 31, 2007. Persons wishing to apply for designation should contact the Compliance Division at the address listed above for forms and information, or obtain applications at the GIPSA Web site, www.usda.gov/gipsa/oversight/parovreg.htm.
3. Request for Comments. GIPSA also is publishing this notice to provide interested persons the opportunity to present comments on the quality of services for the Columbus, Farwell, and Northeast Indiana official agencies. In commenting on the quality of services, commenters are encouraged to submit pertinent data including information on the timeliness, cost, and scope of services provided. All comments must be submitted to the Compliance Division at the above address.
Applications, comments, and other available information will be considered in determining which applicant will be designated.Start Signature
Administrator, Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration.
[FR Doc. 04-12264 Filed 5-28-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-EN-P