This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”) has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Angela Roberts, at (202) 606-5000, extension 111, (firstname.lastname@example.org); (TTY/TDD) at (202) 606-5256 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. eastern standard time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following two methods listed in the address section, within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following two methods:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: Katherine_T._Astrich@omb.eop.gov.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the Corporation's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
Type of Review: Request for reinstatement, with change, of a previously approved collection for which approval has expired.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: National Senior Services Corps Project Progress Report.
OMB Number: 3045-0033.
Agency Number: CNCS Form 1020.
Affected Public: Sponsors of National Senior Service Corps grants.
Total Respondents: 1,350.
Frequency: Semi-annual. It is estimated that 1,350 will respond semi-annually and 50 quarterly.
Average Time Per Respondent:
8.7 hours reporting semi-annually.
14.7 hours reporting quarterly.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 12,045.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): $2,000.
Description: The Corporation requests reinstatement, with changes, of its National Senior Service Corps Project Progress Report which reflects the Corporation's intention to modify selected sections of the collection instrument to reflect changes in data considered “core reporting” information to meet a variety of needs, including:
- Modification of data elements, including adding new data elements as needed to ensure information collection captures appropriate data for the Corporation's required performance measurement and other reporting.
The Project Progress Report (PPR) was designed to assure that National Service Corps (NSSC) grantees address and fulfill legislated program purposes, meet agency program management and grant requirements, and assess progress toward work plan objectives agreed upon in the granting of the award.
Further, the reinstatement of the previously used PPR will: (a) Enhance data elements collected via this information collection tool; (b) migrate the paper version of the form to the Corporation's electronic grants management system, eGrants; and (c) establish reporting periods consistent with the Corporation's integrated grants management and reporting policies.
Comments: A 60-day public comment notice, regarding modification of the Project Progress Report was published in the Federal Register on December 5, 2003. This comment period ended on February 5, 2004; no comments were received.Start Signature
Dated: June 22, 2004.
Director, National Senior Service Corps.
[FR Doc. 04-14715 Filed 6-28-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P