Environmental Protection Agency(EPA).
This notice announces Agency approval of applications to register the pesticide products Yeast Hydrolysate Liquid and KeyPlex 350 containing an active ingredient not included in any previously registered product pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c)(5) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Diana M. Horne, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (7511C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 308-8367; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
- Crop production (NAICS 111)
- Animal production (NAICS 112)
- Food manufacturing (NAICS 311)
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS 32532)
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number OPP-2004-0193. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1801 S. Bell St., Arlington, VA. This docket facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
In accordance with section 3(c)(2) of FIFRA, a copy of the approved label, the list of data references, the data and other scientific information used to support registration, except for material specifically protected by section 10 of FIFRA, are also available for public inspection. Requests for data must be made in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and must be addressed to the Freedom of Start Printed Page 42159Information Office (A-101), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. The request should: Identify the product name and registration number and specify the data or information desired.
A paper copy of the fact sheet, which provides more detail on this registration, may be obtained from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), 5285 Port Royal Rd., Springfield, VA 22161.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Did EPA Approve the Application?
The Agency approved the application after considering all required data on risks associated with the proposed use of Yeast Extract Hydrolysate from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and information on social, economic, and environmental benefits to be derived from use. Specifically, the Agency has considered the nature of the chemical and its pattern of use, application methods and rates, and level and extent of potential exposure. Based on these reviews, the Agency was able to make basic health and safety determinations which show that use of Yeast Extract Hydrolysate from Saccharomyces cerevisiae when used in accordance with widespread and commonly recognized practice, will not generally cause unreasonable adverse effects to the environment.
III. Approved Application
EPA issued a notice, published in the Federal Register of August 6, 2003 (68 FR 46607) (FRL-7316-7), which announced that the Interregional Research Project No. 4 (IR-4), Rutgers University, Technology Center of New Jersey, 681 U.S. Highway #1 South, North Brunswick, NJ 08902-3390 on behalf of Morse Enterprises Limited, Inc., Brickell East, Floor Ten, 151 South East 15 Road, Miami, FL 33129, had submitted applications to register a manufacturing use product, Yeast Hydrolysate Liquid (EPA File Symbol 73512-E) and the end use product, KeyPlex 350 (EPA File Symbol 73512-R) containing the new active ingredient Yeast Extract Hydrolysate from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which was not included in any previously registered product.
The following products were approved on February 19, 2004.
1. The manufacturing use product, Yeast Hydrolysate Liquid, containing 2.5% active ingredient (EPA Registration Number 73512-2) for use in the management of plant diseases.
2. The end use product, KeyPlex 350, containing 0.063% active ingredient (EPA Registration Number 73512-1 for use in the management of plant diseases.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: June 29, 2004.
Janet L. Andersen,
Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 04-15726 Filed 7-13-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S