Pursuant to Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 235 and 49 U.S.C. 20502(a), the following railroad has petitioned the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) seeking approval for the discontinuance or modification of the signal system or relief from the requirements of 49 CFR Part 236 as detailed below.
Docket No. FRA-2004-17994
Applicant: CSX Transportation, Incorporated
Mr. N. M Choat, Chief Engineer, Communications and Signal, 4901 Belfort Road, Suite 130, Jacksonville, Florida 32256.
CSX Transportation, Incorporated seeks approval of the proposed modification of the traffic control system, on the main and siding tracks, on the Aberdeen Subdivision, Florence Service Lane, in North Carolina, consisting of the following:
1. At N.E. Apex, milepost S-169.94, convert the power-operated switch to hand operation, equipped with an electric lock, and remove the three associated controlled signals;
2. At Apex, milepost S-170.92, convert the north power-operated switch to hand operation, equipped with an electric lock, relocate the southbound controlled signal on the main track, and remove the southbound controlled signal and signal system from the north siding;
3. At A&R Connection, milepost S-228.60, convert the power-operated switch to hand operation, and remove the three associated controlled signals;
4. At Aberdeen, milepost S-228.70, convert the north power-operated switch to hand operation, equipped with an electric lock, relocate the southbound controlled signal on the main track, and remove the southbound controlled signal and signal system from the north siding;
5. At S. Aberdeen, milepost S-230.14, convert the south power-operated switch to hand operation, equipped with an electric lock, relocate the northbound controlled signal on the main track, and remove the northbound controlled signal from the north siding; and
6. At Addor, milepost S-232.7, convert the power-operated switch to Start Printed Page 43050hand operation, equipped with an electric lock, and remove the three associated controlled signals.
The reason given for the proposed changes is to eliminate facilities no longer needed in present day operation.
Any interested party desiring to protest the granting of an application shall set forth specifically the grounds upon which the protest is made, and include a concise statement of the interest of the party in the proceeding. Additionally, one copy of the protest shall be furnished to the applicant at the address listed above.
All communications concerning this proceeding should be identified by the docket number and must be submitted to the Docket Clerk, DOT Central Docket Management Facility, Room PL-401 (Plaza Level), 400 7th Street, SW., Washington, DC 20590-0001. Communications received within 45 days of the date of this notice will be considered by the FRA before final action is taken. Comments received after that date will be considered as far as practicable. All written communications concerning these proceedings are available for examination during regular business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) at the above facility. All documents in the public docket are also available for inspection and copying on the internet at the docket facility's Web site at http://dms.dot.gov.
FRA wishes to inform all potential commenters that anyone is able to search the electronic form of all comments received into any of our dockets by the name of the individual submitting the comment (or signing the comment, if submitted on behalf of an association, business, labor union, etc.). You may review DOT's complete Privacy Act Statement in the Federal Register published on April 11, 2000 (Volume 65, Number 70; Pages 19477-78) or you may visit http://dms.dot.gov.
FRA expects to be able to determine these matters without an oral hearing. However, if a specific request for an oral hearing is accompanied by a showing that the party is unable to adequately present his or her position by written statements, an application may be set for public hearing.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, on July 7, 2004.
Grady C. Cothen, Jr.,
Acting Associate Administrator for Safety.
[FR Doc. 04-16250 Filed 7-16-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-06-P