Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) to Start Printed Page 55417the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Pub. L. 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Shelly Ryan, at (202) 606-5000, extension 549, (firstname.lastname@example.org); (TTY/TDD) at (202) 606-5256 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Office for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register.
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: Katherine_T._Astrich@omb.eop.gov.
The initial 60-day Federal Register Notice for the Peer Reviewer Application was published on June 24, 2004. This comment period ended on August 23, 2004; no comments were received.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the Corporation's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
Type of Review: Currently approved through emergency clearance.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Peer Reviewer Application.
OMB Number: 3045-0090.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals who are interested in serving as a peer reviewer.
Total Respondents: 2,000.
Frequency: Annually (respondents update as needed).
Average Time Per Response: Total of 40 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1,333 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Description: The information collected will be used by the Corporation to select peer reviewers for each grant competition. All individuals interested in applying as peer reviewers or facilitators of the peer review panels will be required to complete an electronic application. Modifications include combining the Zoomerang survey and the electronic application into one.Start Signature
Dated: September 8, 2004.
Director, Office of Grants Policy and Operation.
[FR Doc. 04-20668 Filed 9-13-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P