Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of meeting.
The National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee (NOSAC) and its Liftboat Subcommittee will meet to discuss various issues relating to offshore safety and security. Both meetings will be open to the public.
NOSAC will meet on Thursday, October 28, 2004, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Liftboat Subcommittee will meet on Wednesday, October 27, 2004, from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. These meetings may close early if all business is finished. Written material and requests to make oral presentations should reach the Coast Guard on or before October 14, 2004. Requests to have a copy of your material distributed to each member of the committee should reach the Coast Guard on or before October 14, 2004.
NOSAC will meet in the “Music Hall” room of the Hotel Galvez, 2024 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Texas. The Liftboat Subcommittee will meet in the “West Parlor” room of the same hotel. Send written material and requests to make oral presentations to Commander J. M. Cushing, Commandant (G-MSO-2), U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, 2100 Second Street SW., Washington, DC 20593-0001. This notice is available on the Internet at http://dms.dot.gov.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Commander J. M. Cushing, Executive Director of NOSAC, or Mr. Jim Magill, Assistant to the Executive Director, telephone 202-267-1082, fax 202-267-4570.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of the meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App. 2.
Agenda of Meetings
National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee. The agenda includes the following:
(1) Report on issues concerning the International Maritime Organization and the International Organization for Standardization.
(2) SOLAS compliance for foreign operation of U.S. flagged Offshore Supply Vessels including Liftboats.
(3) Report from the Liftboat Subcommittee on operations procedure/training for liftboat operators.
(4) Offshore Helidecks—new and revised API and ICAO standards.
(5) Status report on Coast Guard/Minerals Management Service Inspection of Fixed Facilities.
(6) Revision of 33 CFR chapter I, subchapter N, Outer Continental Shelf activities.
(7) 33 CFR chapter I, subchapter NN, Temporary Final Rule on Deepwater Ports, and status of license submissions for LNG deepwater ports.
Liftboat Subcommittee. The agenda includes the following:
(1) Review and discuss previous work.
(2) Work on outline of Draft Report.
The meeting is open to the public. Please note that the meeting may close early if all business is finished. At the Chair's discretion, members of the public may make oral presentations during the meeting. If you would like to make an oral presentation at the meeting, please notify the Executive Director no later than October 14, 2004. Written material for distribution at the meeting should reach the Coast Guard no later than October 14, 2004. If you would like a copy of your material distributed to each member of the committee in advance of the meeting, please submit 25 copies to the Executive Director no later than October 14, 2004.
Information on Services for Individuals with Disabilities
For information on facilities or services for individuals with disabilities or to request special assistance at the meeting, contact the Executive Director as soon as possible.Start Signature
Dated: September 20, 2004.
Joseph J. Angelo,
Director of Standards, Marine Safety, Security and Environmental Protection.
[FR Doc. 04-21525 Filed 9-23-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P