Notice of 60-day information collection under review: application for advance permission to enter as nonimmigrant pursuant to 212(d)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act; Form I-192
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted an emergency information collection request (ICR) utilizing emergency review procedures, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with section 1320.13(a)(1)(ii) and (a)(2)(iii) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The USCIS has determined that it cannot comply with the normal clearance procedures under this part because normal clearance procedures are likely to prevent or disrupt the collection of information.
If granted, the emergency approval is only valid for 180 days. ALL comments and/or questions pertaining to this pending request for emergency approval must be directed to OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Desk Officer, Department of Homeland Security, 725-17th Street, NW., Suite 10235, Washington, DC 20503; 202-395-5806.
During the first 60 days of this period, a regular review of this information collection is also being undertaken. During the regular review period, the USCIS requests written comments and suggestions from the pubic and affected agencies concerning this the information collection. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 28, 2005. During the 60-day regular review, all comments and suggestions, or questions regarding the information collection instrument should be directed to Mr. Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC, 20529; 202-616-7600. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary Start Printed Page 77767for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of the appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant Pursuant to 212(d)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: the agency number is 1615-0017; the form number if I-192. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or Households. The information furnished on Form I-192 will be used by the USCIS to determine if the applicant is eligible to enter the U.S. temporarily under the provisions of section 212(d)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 12,000 responses at 15 (.25) minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 3,000 annual burden hours.Start Signature
Dated: December 21, 2004.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 04-28272 Filed 12-27-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M