30-day notice of information collection under review: Checklist for on-site review of schools; File No. OMB-35.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on August 30, 2004 at 69 FR 52908, allowed for a 60-day public comment period. The USCIS did not receive any comments on this information collection during that period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 7, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one ore more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Checklist for On-Site Review of Schools.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No agency Form Number; File No. OMB-35, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The data is used by the agency when conducting on-site visits at schools that submitted certification applications in SEVIS after the preliminary enrollment period.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10,000 responses at 65 (1.083) minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 10,830 annual burden hours.
If you have comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529; 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: December 30, 2004.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-217 Filed 1-5-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-01-M