The Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC) will meet March 8, 2005, 9 a.m., Room 3884, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on implementation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provides for continuing review to update the EAR as needed.
1. Opening remarks by the Chairman.
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the public.
3. Update on Export Administration Regulations.
4. Review of interim rule on expansion of missile-related end-use/user controls.
5. Update on proposed rule on “knowledge”, “red flags”, and “safe harbor”.
6. Update on computer and microprocessor technology controls.
7. Update on encryption controls.
8. Update on country group revision project.
9. Update on Excluded Parties Listing System (EPLS) project.
10. Update on Automated Export System (AES).
11. Update on Office of Export Enforcement initiatives.
12. Presentation on Export Management and Compliance Program CD.Start Printed Page 8343
13. Reports from working groups.
14. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. appl. 2, 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate the distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting to Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter at Lcarpent@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on February 14, 2005, pursuant to section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee act, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2, (10)(d)), that the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the disclosure of which would be likely to frustrate significantly implementation of an agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2, 10(a)1 and 10(a)(3).
The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public. For more information, call Lee Ann Carpenter at (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: February 15, 2005.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 05-3193 Filed 2-17-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M