U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 73—“Physical Protection of Plants and Materials.”
3. The form number if applicable: Not Applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion, with the exception of the initial submittal of revised Security Plans, Safeguards Contingency Plans, and Security Training and Qualification Plans. Required reports are submitted and evaluated as events occur.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Nuclear power reactor licensees, licensed under 10 CFR Part 50 or 52 who possess, use, import, export, transport, or deliver to a carrier for transport, special nuclear material.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 78,478.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 384. Start Printed Page 12020
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 524,820 hours (50,212 reporting [0.64 hours per response] and 474,608 recordkeeping [1,236 hours per recordkeeper]).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: NRC regulations in 10 CFR part 73 prescribe requirements for establishment and maintenance of a physical protection system with capabilities for protection of special nuclear material at fixed sites and in transit and of plants in which special nuclear material is used. The information in the reports and records is used by the NRC staff to ensure that the health and safety of the public is protected and that licensee possession and use of special nuclear material is in compliance with license and regulatory requirements.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by April 11, 2005. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
John A. Asalone, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0002), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to JohnA.Asalone@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4687.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 3rd day of March 2005.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 05-4668 Filed 3-9-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P