Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces EPA's receipt of test data on 1,1,2-Trichloroethane (1,1,2-TCE) (CAS No. 79-00-5). These data were submitted pursuant to an Enforceable Testing Consent Agreement (ECA)/Order issued by EPA under section 4 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Colby Lintner, Regulatory Coordinator, Environmental Assistance Division (7408M), Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (202) 554-1404; e-mail address: TSCA-Hotline@epa.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. This action may, however, be of interest to those persons who are concerned about data on health and/or environmental effects and other characteristics of this chemical. Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number OPPT-2002-0046. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Start Printed Page 19955Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the EPA Docket Center, Rm. B102-Reading Room, EPA West, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC. The EPA Docket Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The EPA Docket Center Reading Room telephone number is (202) 566-1744 and the telephone number for the OPPT Docket, which is located in the EPA Docket Center, is (202) 566-0280.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Test Data Submissions
Under 40 CFR 790.60, all TSCA section 4 ECAs/Orders must contain a statement that results of testing conducted pursuant to ECAs/Orders will be announced to the public in accordance with section 4(d) of TSCA.
Test data for 1,1,2-TCE, a hazardous air pollutant (HAP) listed under section 112 of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, were submitted by the HAP Task Force. These data were submitted pursuant to a TSCA section 4 ECA/Order and were received by EPA on April 12, 2004; September 21, 2004; and December 1, 2004. The submissions include three final reports titled:
1. Route-to-Route Extrapolation of 1,1,2-TCE studies from the Oral Route to Inhalation Using Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models: Immunotoxicity.
2. An Acute Neurotoxicity Study of 1,1,2-TCE in Rats.
3. Route-to-Route Extrapolation of 1,1,2-TCE Studies from the Oral Route to Inhalation Using Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models: Acute Neurotoxicity.
1,1,2-TCE is used as a feedstock intermediate in the production of vinylidene chloride and some tetrachloroethanes. It is used as a solvent where its high solvency for chlorinated rubbers and other substances is needed, and for pharmaceuticals and electronic components.
EPA has initiated its review and evaluation process for this submission. At this time, the Agency is unable to provide any determination as to the completeness of the submission.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Hazardous substances
- Toxic substances
Dated: March 30, 2005.
Director, Chemical Control Division, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics.
[FR Doc. 05-7585 Filed 4-14-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S