Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 54, “Requirements for Renewal of Operating Licenses for Nuclear Power Plants”.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0155.
3. How often the collection is required: One-time submission with application for renewal of an operating license for a nuclear power plant and occasional collections for holders of renewed licenses.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Commercial nuclear power plant licensees who wish to renew their operating licenses.
5. The number of annual respondents: 17 respondents.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: Approximately 148,000 hours (128,000 hours one-time reporting burden and 20,000 hours recordkeeping burden).
7. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 54 of the NRC regulations, “Requirements for Renewal of Operating Licensees for Nuclear Power Plants,” specifies the procedures, criteria, and standards governing nuclear power plant license renewal, including information submittal and recordkeeping requirements, so that the NRC may make determinations that extension of the license term will continue to ensure the health and safety of the public.
Submit, by June 17, 2005, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 12th day of April 2005.Start Printed Page 20184
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 05-7656 Filed 4-17-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P