30-Day notice of information collection under review: search for artifacts and memorabilia.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 70, Number 26, page 6910 on February 9, 2005, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 18, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Search for Artifacts and Memorabilia.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: None. The search document is used to aid the Historic Archives Program with discovering and obtaining artifacts and memorabilia pertaining to the history, mission, and spirit of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to develop exhibits for the new National Headquarters building.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 1,900 respondents will complete a 10 minute search document.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 317 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 12, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-7735 Filed 4-15-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P