Federal Communications Commission.
This document amends the Commission's rules to clarify the responsibilities of the Managing Director with respect to financial management matters and with respect to implementation of the Commission's directives in a recent Order released October 3, 2003, concerning the administration of the Universal Service Fund (USF) and Telecommunications Relay Services Fund (TRS Fund). The rules adopted herein are intended to provide clear direction to the Managing Director to respond quickly and efficiently to matters concerning the proper accounting and reporting for the Commission's financial transactions and compliance with relevant and applicable federal financial management and reporting statutes. In addition, we amend our rules to authorize the Billing and Collection Agent for North American Numbering Plan Administration and the Administrators of the USF and the TRS Fund to issue FCC Registration Numbers for carriers who have not previously been assigned one.
Effective April 27, 2005.
Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th Street, SW., Washington, DC 20554.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Regina W. Dorsey, Special Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer, at 1-202-418-1993, or by e-mail at Regina.Dorsey@fcc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the matter of the Commission's financial management matters and its administration of the issuance of FCC Registration Numbers. Amendment of sections 0.11, 0.231, and 1.8002 of the Commissions rules Adopted: July 2, 2004, Released: January 7, 2005.
The Commission will not send a copy of this Order pursuant to the Congressional Review Act, see 5 U.S.C. 801(a)(1)(A), because the adopted rules relate to agency organization, procedure or practice that do not “substantially affect the rights or obligations of non-agency parties. Pursuant to sections 4(i), 4(j), 5(c), 303(r), 47 U.S.C. 154(i), 154(j), 155(c), 251(e), 303(r) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 CFR. parts 0 and 1 are amended as set forth below, effective upon publication in the Federal Register.Start List of Subjects
Lists of Subjects
- Commission organization
- Practice and procedure
Federal Communications Commission.
Marlene H. Dortch,
Rule ChangesStart Amendment Part
For the reasons discussed in the preamble, the Federal Communications Commission amends 47 CFR parts 0 and 1 as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 0—COMMISSION ORGANIZATIONEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 0 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 0.11 is amended by revising paragraph (a)(8) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) * * *
(8) Plan and manage the administrative affairs of the Commission with respect to the functions of personnel and position management; labor-management relations; training; budget and financial management; accounting for the financial transactions of the Commission and preparation of financial statements and reports; information management and processing; organization planning; management analysis; procurement; office space management and utilization; administrative and office services; supply and property management; records management; personnel and physical security; and international telecommunications settlements.
3. Section 0.231 is amended by adding new paragraphs (j) and (k) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(j) The Managing Director or his designee is delegated the authority, after seeking the opinion of the General Counsel, to determine, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for federal agencies the organizations, programs (including funds), and accounts that are required to be included in the financial statements of the Commission.
(k) The Managing Director, or his designee, after seeking the opinion of the General Counsel, is delegated the authority to direct all organizations, programs (including funds), and accounts that are required to be included in the financial statements of the Commission to comply with all relevant and applicable federal financial management and reporting statutes.
PART 1—PRACTICE AND PROCEDUREEnd Part Start Amendment Part
4. The authority citation for part 1 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
5. Section 1.8002 is amended by adding new paragraph (e) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(e) An FRN may be assigned by the Billing and Collection Agent for North American Numbering Plan Administration and the Administrators of the Universal Service Fund and the Telecommunications Relay Services Fund. In each instance, the Billing and Collection Agent for North American Numbering Plan Administration and the Administrators of the Universal Service Fund and the Telecommunications Relay Services Fund shall promptly notify the entity of the assigned FRN.
[FR Doc. 05-8344 Filed 4-26-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6712-01-P