60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Bureau of Justice Assistance: National Opinion Poll on White Collar Crime.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with Start Printed Page 28958the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until July 18, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Maria A. Pressley at 202-353-8643, Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Reinstatement, with change, of a previously approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Bureau of Justice Assistance: National Opinion Poll on White Collar Crime.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. BJA in a cooperative agreement (Grant Number: 2004-WCCX-1199) will conduct a national survey of public opinion on the public's ever changing experiences with, and perceptions of white-collar crime.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that it will take the 1500 applicants surveyed approximately 18 minutes to respond to the questions.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual hour burden to complete the certification form is 450 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: May 13, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-9968 Filed 5-18-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P