30-day notice of information collection under review: Notice of Appeal of Decision under Section 210 or 245A of the Immigration and Nationality Act; Form I-694.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Start Printed Page 34489Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 4, 2005 at 70 FR 17109, allowed for a 60-day public comment period. The USCIS did not receive any comments on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 14, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Appeal of Decision under Section 210 or 245A of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(3) Agency From Number, if Any, and the Applicable Component of the Department of Homeland Security Sponsoring the Collection: Form I-694, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected Public Who Will be Asked or Required to Respond, as Well as a Brief Abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This information collection will be used by the USCIS in considering appeals of denials of temporary and permanent residence status by legalization applicants and special agricultural workers, under sections 210 and 245A of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(5) An estimate of the Total Number of Respondents and the Amount of Time Estimated for an Average Respondent to Respond: 1,192 responses at 30 minutes (.5) hours per response.
(6) An Estimate of the Total Public Burden (in Hours) Associated With the Collection: 596 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529; (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 8, 2005.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-11688 Filed 6-13-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M