Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is proposing to take direct final action approving State Implementation Plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of Utah. On October 19, 2004, the Governor of Utah submitted revisions to Utah's Rule R307-110-12, “Section IX, Control Measures for Area and Point Sources, Part C, Carbon Monoxide,” which incorporates a revised maintenance plan for the Salt Lake City carbon monoxide (CO) maintenance area for the CO National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS). The revised maintenance plan contains revised transportation conformity budgets for the years 2005 and 2019. In addition, the Governor submitted revisions to Utah's Rule R307-110-33, “Section X, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance Program, Part C, Salt Lake County,” which incorporates a revised vehicle inspection and maintenance program for Salt Lake County. EPA is proposing approval of the Salt Lake City CO revised maintenance plan, the revised transportation conformity budgets, the revised vehicle inspection and maintenance program for Salt Lake County, and the revisions to rules R307-110-12 and R307-110-33. This action is being taken under section 110 of the Clean Air Act.
In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP revisions as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial SIP revision and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at Start Printed Page 44076this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Written comments must be received on or before August 31, 2005.
Submit your comments, identified by RME Docket Number R08-OAR-2005-UT-0002, by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- Agency Web site: http://docket.epa.gov/rmepub/index.jsp. Regional Materials in EDOCKET (RME), EPA's electronic public docket and comment system for regional actions, is EPA's preferred method for receiving comments. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Richard R. Long, Director, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466.
- Hand Delivery: Richard R. Long, Director, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:55 p.m., excluding Federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Domenico Mastrangelo, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466, phone (303) 312-6436, and e-mail at: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations section of the Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: July 8, 2005.
Robert E. Roberts,
Regional Administrator, Region VIII.
[FR Doc. 05-15149 Filed 7-29-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P