60-day notice of information collection under review: Census of Juveniles in Residential Placement.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget Start Printed Page 48983(OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until October 21, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Janet Chiancone, (202) 353-9258, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of previously approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Census of Juveniles in Residential Placement.
(3) The Agency Form Number, if Any, and the Applicable Component of the Department Sponsoring the Collection: The form number is CJ-14, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected Public Who Will be Asked or Required to Respond, as Well as a Brief Abstract: Primary: Federal Government. Other: State, Local or Tribal Government, not-for-profit institutions, business or other for-profit. The data collection will gather individual level information on juveniles (persons under 18) who are placed in a residential facility due to contact with the justice system.
(5) An Estimate of the Total Number of Respondents and the Amount of Time Estimated for an Average Respondent to Respond/Reply: It is estimated that 3,500 respondents will complete the questionnaire in approximately 3 hours.
(6) An Estimate of the Total Public Burden (in Hours) Associated With the Collection: There are approximately 11,550 hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 17, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-16550 Filed 8-19-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P