The companies listed in this notice have applied to the Board for approval, pursuant to the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (12 U.S.C. 1841 et seq.) (BHC Act), Regulation Y (12 CFR Part 225), and all other applicable statutes and regulations to become a bank holding company and/or to acquire the assets or the ownership of, control of, or the power to vote shares of a bank or bank holding company and all of the banks and nonbanking companies owned by the bank holding company, including the companies listed below.
The applications listed below, as well as other related filings required by the Board, are available for immediate inspection at the Federal Reserve Bank indicated. The application also will be available for inspection at the offices of the Board of Governors. Interested persons may express their views in writing on the standards enumerated in the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1842(c)). If the proposal also involves the acquisition of a nonbanking company, the review also includes whether the acquisition of the nonbanking company complies with the standards in section 4 of the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1843). Unless otherwise noted, nonbanking activities will be conducted throughout the United States. Additional information on all bank holding companies may be obtained from the National Information Center website at www.ffiec.gov/nic/.
Unless otherwise noted, comments regarding each of these applications must be received at the Reserve Bank indicated or the offices of the Board of Governors not later than October 13, 2005.
A. Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (A. Linwood Gill, III, Vice President) 701 East Byrd Street, Richmond, Virginia 23261-4528:
1. SCBT Financial Corporation, Columbia, South Carolina, to acquire 100% of the voting shares of Sun Bancshares, Inc., Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, and thereby indirectly acquire SunBank, National Association, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina.
B. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Patrick M. Wilder, Assistant Vice President) 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-1414:
1. Capitol Bancorp, Ltd., Lansing, Michigan, to acquire 100 percet of the voting shares of Capitol Development Bancorp Limited III, Lansing, Michigan, and thereby indirectly acquire Bank of Belleville (in organization), Belleville, Illinois. In connection with this application Capitol Development Bancorp Limited III has applied to become a bank holding company.
C. Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (W. Arthur Tribble, Vice President) 2200 North Pearl Street, Dallas, Texas 75201-2272:
1. FC Holdings, Inc., Houston, Texas, and FC Holdings of Delaware, Inc., Wilmington, Delaware; to acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of Lake Area National Bank, Trinity, Texas.
D. Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Andre Anderson, Vice President) 1000 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, Georgia 30303:
1. Omni Bancshares, Inc., Metairie, Louisiana, to acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of Omni Bank, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (in organization). Comments on this application must be received by September 29, 2005.
2. West Alabama Capital Corp., Reform, Alabama, to merge with West Alabama Bancshares, Inc., and thereby indirectly acquire Merchants and Farmers Bank, both of Millport, Alabama.Start Signature
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, September 13, 2005.
Robert deV. Frierson,
Deputy Secretary of the Board.
[FR Doc. 05-18467 Filed 9-15-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6210-01-S