60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Request for Information Regarding Federal Firearms Dealer's Records (Records of Acquisition and Disposition).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until November 21, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact David Adinolfi, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, Room 400, 2600 Century Parkway, West, Atlanta, GA 30044.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Request for Information Regarding Federal Firearms Dealer's Records (Records of Acquisition and Disposition).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5300.3A. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Firearms licensees are required to keep records of acquisition and disposition. These records remain with the licensee as long as he is in business. When a firearms or ammunition business is discontinued and succeeded by a new licensee, the records required to be kept shall appropriately reflect such facts and shall be delivered to the successor. When discontinuance of the business is absolute, such records shall be delivered within thirty days after the business discontinuance to ATF.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 28,000 respondents will complete a 5 minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual total burden hours associated with this collection is 2,380.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Signature
Dated: September 15, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-18675 Filed 9-19-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P