This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 483, “Registration Certificate—in vitro Testing with Byproduct Material Under General License”.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 483.
4. How often the collection is required: There is a one-time submittal of information to receive a validated copy of NRC Form 483 with an assigned registration number. In addition, any changes in the information reported on NRC Form 483 must be reported in writing to the Commission within 30 days after the effective date of such change.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Any physician, veterinarian in the practice of veterinary medicine, clinical laboratory or hospital which desires a general license to receive, acquire, possess, transfer, or use specified units of byproduct material in certain in vitro clinical or laboratory tests.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 364.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 364 (104 NRC licensees and 260 Agreement State licensees).
8. An estimate of the number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 42 hours (12 Start Printed Page 58245hours NRC licensees and 30 hours Agreement State licensees).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: Section 31.11 of 10 CFR establishes a general license authorizing any physician, clinical laboratory, veterinarian in the practice of veterinary medicine, or hospital to possess certain small quantities of byproduct material for in vitro clinical or laboratory tests not involving the internal or external administration of the byproduct material or the radiation therefrom to human beings or animals. Possession of byproduct material under 10 CFR 31.11 is not authorized until the physician, clinical laboratory, veterinarian in the practice of veterinary medicine, or hospital has filed NRC Form 483 and received from the Commission a validated copy of NRC Form 483 with a registration number.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by November 4, 2005. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
John Asalone, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0038), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, (301) 415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 26th day of September, 2005.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 05-19923 Filed 10-4-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P