United States International Trade Commission.
In accordance with the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the Commission has submitted an emergency request for approval of questionnaires to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The Commission has requested OMB approval by November 14, 2005.Start Printed Page 69354
To be assured of consideration, written comments must be submitted to OMB and to the Commission by November 14, 2005.
Purpose of Information Collection: The forms are for use by the Commission in connection with investigation No. 332-471, Advice Concerning Possible Modifications to the U.S. Generalized System of Preferences, 2005 Special Review on Watches, instituted under the authority of section 332(g) of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1332(g)). This investigation was requested by the United States Trade Representative (USTR). The Commission expects to deliver the results of its investigation to USTR by February 17, 2006.
Summary of Proposal:
(1) Number of forms submitted: Eight.
(2) Title of form: Advice Concerning Possible Modifications to the U.S. Generalized System of Preferences, 2005 Special Review on Watches—Questionnaires for U.S. Producers/Assemblers; U.S. Virgin Islands Producers/Assemblers; Watch Band, Strap, and/or Bracelet Producers; Importers, and Foreign Producers.
(3) Type of request: New.
(4) Frequency of use: Single data gathering, scheduled for November 15-December 14, 2005.
(5) Description of respondents: U.S. firms which produce/assemble or import watches or watch components.
(6) Estimated number of respondents: 56 (Producer/Assembler questionnaire).
11 (Importer questionnaire).
2 (Foreign Producer questionnaire).
(7) Estimated total number of hours to complete the forms: 2,590.
(8) Information obtained from the form that qualifies as confidential business information will be so treated by the Commission and not disclosed in a manner that would reveal the individual operations of a firm.
Additional Information or Comment: Copies of the forms and supporting documents may be obtained from Gail Burns (USITC, telephone no. (202) 205-2501 or email@example.com). Comments about the questionnaires should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Room 10102 (Docket Library), Washington, DC 20503, Attention: Desk Officer for International Trade Commission. All comments should be specific, indicating which part of the questionnaire is objectionable, describing the concern in detail, and including specific suggested revisions or language changes. Copies of any comments should be provided to Robert Rogowsky, Director, Office of Operations, U.S. International Trade Commission, 500 E Street SW., Washington, DC 20436, who is the Commission's designated Senior Official under the Paperwork Reduction Act.
Hearing impaired individuals are advised that information on this matter can be obtained by contacting our TTD terminal (telephone no. 202-205-1810). General information concerning the Commission may also be obtained by accessing its Internet server (http://www.usitc.gov).Start Signature
Issued: November 7, 2005.
By order of the Commission.
Marilyn R. Abbott,
Secretary to the Commission.
[FR Doc. 05-22560 Filed 11-14-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7020-02-P