Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled Application Instructions for State Commissions, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). A copy of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by contacting the Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps, Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director of Policy, (202) 606-6930, or by e-mail at ABorgstrom@cns.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: Katherine_T._Astrich@omb.eop.gov.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-Day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on August 24, 2005. This comment period ended October 24, 2005. No public comments were received from this notice.
Description: Since the President's Call to Service, many Americans have expressed a renewed desire to serve their country by volunteering in their community. Now, we have an obligation to ensure that Americans have quality opportunities to serve. The Corporation for National and Community Service (the “Corporation”) has amended several provisions relating to the AmeriCorps national service program, and has added a rule to clarify the Corporation's requirements for program sustainability, performance measures and evaluation, capacity-building activities by AmeriCorps members, qualifications for tutors, and other requirements. The implementation of these changes through the rulemaking process includes ensuring the Corporation's information collection instruments accurately reflect these issues. In an effort to be compliant while maintaining functions essential to the operations of each State Commission and AmeriCorps program, we are submitting the enclosed request to OMB for approval of information collection activities. This submission includes application instructions for state commissions to allow subgrantees to submit grant applications.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Application Instructions for State Commissions.
OMB Number: New.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Nonprofit organizations, State, local and Tribal Governments.
Total Respondents: 54.
Average Time per Response: 10 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 540 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: November 29, 2005.
[FR Doc. E5-6885 Filed 12-5-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P