Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled AmeriCorps Application Instructions: State Competitive, State Education Award Program, National Direct, National Direct Education Award Program, National Professional Corps, Indian Tribes, States and Territories without Commissions, and National Planning, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). A copy of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by contacting the Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps, Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director of Policy, (202) 606-6930, or by e-mail at ABorgstrom@cns.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the address section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by February 21, 2006.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps State and National, Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director for Policy, 1201 New York Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3476, Attention Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director for Policy.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: email@example.com.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amy Borgstrom, (202) 606-6930 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
Since the President's Call to Service, many Americans have expressed a renewed desire to serve their country by volunteering in their community. Now, we have an obligation to ensure that Americans have quality opportunities to serve. The Corporation for National and Community Service (the “Corporation”) has amended the regulations that apply to the AmeriCorps national service program to clarify the Corporation's requirements for program sustainability, performance measures and evaluation, capacity-building activities by AmeriCorps members, qualifications for tutors, and other requirements. The implementation of these changes through the rulemaking process includes ensuring the Corporation's information collection instruments accurately reflect these issues. In an effort to be compliant while maintaining functions essential to the operations of each State Commission and AmeriCorps program, we are submitting the enclosed request to OMB for approval of information collection activities. This submission includes application instructions for AmeriCorps State Competitive, State Education Award, National Direct, National Direct Education Award Program, National Professional Corps, Indian Tribes, States and Territories without Commissions, and National Planning programs.
Type of Review: Renewal; previously granted emergency approval by OMB.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps Application Instructions: State Competitive, State Education Award Program, National Direct, National Direct Education Award Program, National Professional Corps, Indian Tribes, States and Territories without Commissions, and National Planning.
OMB Number: 3045-0047.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Nonprofit organizations, State, local and tribal.
Total Respondents: 2,000.
Average Time Per Response: 16 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 32,000 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: December 16, 2005.
[FR Doc. E5-7663 Filed 12-21-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P