Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Notice; extension of comment period.
On December 1, 2005 (70 FR 72116) EPA noticed the availability of the proposed National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Industrial Activities and requested comments on the draft by January 16, 2006. The purpose of this notice is to extend this comment period to February 16, 2006.
Comments on the proposed general permit must be postmarked by February 16, 2006.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. OW-2005-0007 by one of the following methods:
- http://www.regulations.gov: Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: Water Docket, Environmental Protection Agency, Mailcode: 4101T, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460. Please include a total of three copies.
Hand Delivery: EPA Docket Center, EPA West, Room B102, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20004. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket's normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Instructions: Direct your comments to Docket ID No. OW-2005-0007. EPA's policy is that all comments received will be included in the public docket without change and may be made available online at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided, unless the comment includes information claimed to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Do not submit information that you consider to be CBI or otherwise protected through http://www.regulations.gov or e-mail. The http://www.regulations.gov Web site is an “anonymous access” system, which means EPA will not know your identity or contact information unless you provide it in the body of your comment. If you send an e-mail comment directly to EPA without going through http://www.regulations.gov your e-mail address will be automatically captured and included as part of the comment that is placed in the public docket and made available on the Internet. If you submit an electronic comment, EPA recommends that you include your name and other contact information in the body of your comment and with any disk or CD-ROM you submit. If EPA cannot read your comment due to technical difficulties and cannot contact you for clarification, EPA may not be able to consider your comment. Electronic files should avoid the use of special characters, any form of encryption, and be free of any defects or viruses. For additional information about EPA's public docket visit the EPA Docket Center homepage at http://www.epa.gov/epahome/dockets.htm. For additional instructions on submitting comments, go to Unit I.B of the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of the document.
Docket: All documents in the docket are listed in the http://www.regulations.gov index. Although listed in the index, some information is not publicly available, e.g., CBI or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Certain other material, such as copyrighted material, will be publicly available only in hard copy. Publicly available docket materials are available either electronically in http://www.regulations.gov or in hard copy at the Water Docket, EPA/DC, EPA West, Room B102, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20004. This Docket Facility is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Docket telephone number is (202) 566-2426. The Public Reading Room is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number for the Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jenny Molloy, Office of Wastewater Management, Office of Water, EPA Headquarters at tel.: 202-564-1939 or e-mail: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does This Action Apply to Me?
If you have questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed in the preceding FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section.
B. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through http://www.regulations.gov or e-mail. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI). In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for Preparing Your Comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
- Identify the rulemaking by docket number and other identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and page number).
- Follow directions—The agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
- Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
- Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
- If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
- Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns, and suggest alternatives.
- Explain your views as clearly as possible.
- Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
C. What Action Is Being Taken?
The comment period for the proposed general permit for Stormwater Discharges from Industrial Activities is being extended for 30 days until February 16, 2006, at the request of Waterkeeper Alliance, Natural Resources Defense Council, Friends of Grays Harbor, Amigos Bravos: Friends of Wild Rivers, National Mining Association, Idaho Mining Association, Hecla Mining Company, The Colorado Mining Association, Idaho Association of Commerce & Industry, and Arizona Mining Association. After the close of Start Printed Page 76286the public comment period, EPA will issue a final permit decision. This decision will not be made until after all public comments have been considered and appropriate changes made to the permit. Responses to comments will be included in the final permit decision.Start Signature
Dated: December 20, 2005.
Director, Office of Wastewater Management.
[FR Doc. E5-7778 Filed 12-22-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P